August 1 1953, Mr. Harold Becker opened the doors of B&C Jewelers at the Willston Shopping Center in Falls Church, Virginia. Harold would be glad to know that the business' doors remain open today -over 53 years later. After serving in the Marine Corp during World War II and then serving in the Korean War. Harold decided to come out of the Marine Corps and start his own business. Harold went to the Peters School of Horology in Washington D.C. and learned how to service and repair watches. Harold met two other men at the school Mr. Robert Gleason and Mr. Robert Prout. Harold and Mr. Robert Gleason formed a partnership and opened the B&G Jewelers business in 1953. Mr. Robert Prout was later hired as the bench jeweler and worked part time for B&C Jewelers for 40 years until retiring. Harold's wife Carol started working in the business part time in 1953. You can still find Carol in her office taking care of the book work every day. Harold later opened a store in Annandale, Virginia and then at the Bradlee Center in Alexandria, Virginia in October 1957. The Annandale and Willston business's were later closed. B&C Jewelers has been located in the Bradlee Center since the shopping center opened in 1957 making it - The oldest continuing independent retail store in the Bradlee Center. B&C Jewelers was originally called B&G Jewelers. Harold later bought out his partner in 1955 and decided to keep the name of the business very similar and changed the name to B&C Jewelers, which it is today. In 1991 Harold's daughter Vicki became the Manager of the store and has kept up the reputation of carrying fine quality jewelry and gifts. Vicki started working in the business part time after school in 1967. Vicki has added the gemological expertise unique in most jewelry stores today. Vicki is a GIA-Graduate Gemologist Appraiser. Vicki's son Mark has been in the business since 1990 making him the third generation of jewelers. Mark has GIA diamond and colored stones education as well as jewelry and watch repair expertise.