Sign In or Register here


Light bulbs

Posted on Jan 16,2009
Filed Under Local Opinions , Opinions,
Share  


My name is Emma Yohannan and I am an eighth grader at Carl Sandburg middle school. The incandescent light bulb is a source of electric light that works by incandescence. An electric current is passes through a thin filament, heating it until it causes a light. The enclosing glass bulb prevents oxygen in air from reaching the filament. Incandescent light bulbs are not energy efficient; they waste most of the energy they use. Only 10% of the energy is used for light while the other 90% is used for heat, this is a problem. At the least it should be 50-50. I feel that incandescent light bulbs are ruining our environment and I advise people to use otherwise. Thank you for your time.



Loading Loading..


Shopping and Services Guide


Exclusive deals from the best locals!

Browse our highlighted partners
Spas, retailers, restaurants and…
so much more.