Article Comments

Posted: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 18:29:42
That's A SHAME. I loved that place and have frequented it many, many times.
By Robin (Campbell) Finney
Posted: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 07:35:18
That's weird Loretta because actually my dad's old business partner's favorite client sold it to Pat in the 50's.... Sometimes when the elite members of BHCC would be playing on the golf we would take their balls for ransom!!!!!
By Allen
Posted: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 05:00:14
My uncle and a friend of his owned in the early 50 until Pat bought it from him. It was a really cool place to hang out back then. I remember watching the golfers from Bel Haven country club play all around the store.
By Lorretta
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:38:53
USED TO TELL CLIENTS PAT'S HAD THE COLDEST BEER IN TOWN IN THAT ANTIQUE HORIZONTAL COOLER...20OZ BUD TO GO...
By GLENN WITUCKI
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:10:44
My best friend's older brother Billy Riddick told him in 1961 as he departed for VMI "Tommy, there's not much I can tell you but Pat's Market has the coldest beer in town. Pat Arnold opened it sometime back in the 50s, then sold it to a couple of really nice guys from the Indian continent named Ram and Kash. Kash ran it until the mid to late 90s and then sold it to some Latin folks. For 25 years we would stop by for pizza, beer and ice before water skiing out of Belle Haven Marina, Kash would even run a tab if he knew you! Truly the end of an era.
By randy
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:47:31
From Fairfax County public property tax records: http://icare.fairfaxcounty.gov/datalets/datalet.aspx?mode=sales
By SLHahn
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:33:02
our neighbor's husband was the original Pat - and has since passed away! We will miss the store, but are hoping for a resurrection and continued cold (coldest in town) beer!
By friend of jo
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:29:07
20 years? Pat's Market was around back in the 60s. I'd say closer to 50 years in the business.
By Blackwes
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:02:52
I am 63 years old, and still believe Pat's had the coldest beer anywhere!
By HITX
Posted: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 11:02:49
Pat's was the finest... don't go Pat!
By BKLYNBOBBYBROWn