Sign In or Register here


Charcoal grill fire causes nearly $300,000 damage to Hybla Valley home - Source Fairfax times

Posted on Jun 27,2017
Filed Under Just In,
Share  


Fairfax County firefighters say an unattended charcoal grill caused this Hybla Valley home to catch on fire. 

Source Fairfax times

By Gregg MacDonald

FAIRFAX - On June 24 at approximately 10:58 p.m., Fairfax County and City of Alexandria firefighters were dispatched for a reported house fire in the 3400 block of Beechcraft Drive in the Hybla Valley section of Fairfax County.

Fire officials said they arrived on the scene of a one-story, single family home with heavy fire showing. Firefighters quickly went to work to contain and extinguish the advanced fire.

The house was not occupied at the time of the fire. A neighbor discovered the fire and called 9-1-1. There were no working smoke alarms inside the house.

Fire Investigators determined that the fire started on the exterior wooden deck. Fire officials said the cause of the fire was accidental in nature and was the result of an unattended charcoal grill that ignited the deck and spread to the house.

Source Fairfax times



Loading Loading..


Shopping and Services Guide


Exclusive deals from the best locals!

Browse our highlighted partners
Spas, retailers, restaurants and…
so much more.